Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stuck Between a Rock and Hard Place


Today as I began working, I found myself not having enough strength to concentrate. I told my client, "I'm just tired, it is fever." I didn’t want to discuss things that have been on my mind. He said, "that's not the issue, you are emotionally drained." Deep down, I knew he was right!

As soon as I wrapped up the meeting, immediately got on the computer, and the first thing I saw was this picture someone posted when she climbed Machu Picchu. Couldn't have been more timely, which is no surprise, it was a picture of the rock piles the hikers past had left as they climbed. What is interesting is, as the travelers journey past, each one is supposed to place another rock on top of the last one left behind. So, if the pile collapses the next hiker starts it all over again.

I realized it sort of becomes a marker that shows a single spot that is changed, augmented, sometimes even destroyed by random people who are otherwise unconnected or barely know each other.
And it made me think how similar my life is to rock piles; touched by random people, built up and broken down by the same and just waiting for the next traveler to venture...

But now, I’m not waiting for the next person to come by and shape my life in a totally different way.

1 comment:

Ram said...

From the dimension of cosmic time, you have very well characterised the timeline of social intercourse. Here's a verse on a similar theme


Ram