Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Years of joy and pain


In my journey through the tunnel of time,
chants of thy name like the toll of the bells
resound in my head through endless nights..

Eerie silence and blinding darkness
intermingled with inner fears and desperation
wear me down to a confining exhaustion..

Unnerved, I tread on and inch toward the goal
protected by the divine angel of love
that promised to deliver me to the dark castle..

Art thou in the highest keep guarded by the sentinels?
Or in the recesses of the harem surrounded by eunuchs?
May he who made you a prisoner burn in hell..

Fire and sword create havoc
in the spate of blood and eternal pain
beseeching the angel of death to come down and reign..

Marching on I reach onto your abode
with bloodied hands and a sinned soul
seeking penitence in our holy consummation..

My sword slashes the gossamer
that dared hide the beloved milady
rendering death to the wicked and crafty..

Peering in what do I see?
Shoved back into the wormhole of time
I tremor and wake to see the blinding sunshine..

Then I realize what should follow.
Years of joy and years of pain
only to relive again and again..

While I still crave for those years of innocence
my cognizance has for them unsympathetic hate
for they are in deep and deplorable ignorance
unashamedly in denial of your existence..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flattered..